I’m thrilled to feature an amazing nonprofit that is bringing smiles and comfort to hospitalized children. The Medi Teddy is a washable teddy bear that was designed by Ella, a 13-year-old with a rare illness, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura or “ITP”.
Ella receives IV infusions every few weeks to treat her illness. During her day in the outpatient clinic, it can be long and boring while she watches the IV fluids drip from the bag into her arm. One day she decided to create a teddy bear that covers the IV bag and brings comfort and normalcy to the hospital environment. She wanted other children to also experience this comfort, so she launched Medi Teddy.
Medi Teddy is given to a child and is used to cover their IV bag. If a child is receiving outpatient treatments they can bring it home, machine wash it and bring it back to the clinic for their next visit.
As a child life specialist, I can see the wonderful benefits of giving a Medi Teddy to a pediatric patient. Medical play can be incorporated and empower children to healthily cope.
Click here to make a donation or receive a Meddy Teddy. Be sure to follow on Facebook and Instagram and learn more from their website.
We will be giving away 5 Medi Teddys to one lucky winner.
Choose one or more ways to enter:
1. Sign up for email notifications at ChildLifeMommy.com and leave a comment below.
2. Facebook: Follow Child Life Mommy and tag a friend.
3. Facebook: Follow @EllasMediTeddy and leave a comment about the giveaway.
4. Instagram: Follow @ChildLifeMommy and @Medi_Teddy, tag a friend in the post.
5. Twitter: Follow, Like and RT the post to @ChildLifeMommy
Good Luck, the winner will be chosen on 3/14/20.