I couldn’t be more excited to spotlight another fabulous children’s book created by Susan Schaefer Bernardo and Courtenay Fletcher. They have already created two of my favorite children’s books, Sun Kisses, Moon Hugs and The Rhino Who Swallowed a Storm. that help kids cope with feelings of separation, loss and trauma.
They have now used their rhythmical words and colorful illustrations to engage young readers in The Big Adventures of Tiny House. The story is about a small farmhouse named Tiny that recycles itself to transform into a house on wheels. Tiny travels the country with the help of Big Truck and experiences different places, meeting new friends, and finding that home doesn’t have to be in one place.
This book couldn’t have come at a better time for my family, as we are getting ready for our own big adventure of a cross country move from New York to California. When I read it to my boys they were able to identity with Tiny and explored those anxious and excited feelings. They could relate to Tiny having to choose what personal items would come and which would be donated, how it would travel by road to get to the final destination and how they will be able to feel rooted in their new community with the support of their parents, family and friends.
This is a lovely book for any young reader to explore new adventures outside of their little world.
To learn more Tiny House and the authors, click here.
Choose one or more ways to enter to win a copy of The Big Adventures of Tiny House.
- Sign up for email notifications at ChildLifeMommy.com and leave a comment on this post.
- Facebook: Follow Child Life Mommy, leave a comment and tag a friend on the post.
- Facebook: Follow Sun Kisses, Moon Hugs and leave a comment on their page.
- Twitter: Follow, Like and RT the post to @ChildLifeMommy, @SusanBernardo & @MonkeeDoodle
- Instagram: Follow @ChildLifeMommy, Like and Tag a friend in the post.
Winner will be chosen 5/12/17