I am excited to feature an amazing resource for parents, child life specialists and NICU team members. It’s called The Littlest Peanut written by, Shannan Wilson. As we kick off the new year, we will be having a giveaway to win a copy of this beautiful keepsake.
After both of her children were born early (Kendall at 34 weeks and her second child, Breck at 30 weeks) Shannan Wilson gained a new appreciation for the needs of parents and caregivers of fragile newborns in the NICU. During this uncertain time, she kept journals and wrote poetry as a way to channel her emotions when she visited her children in the hospital. Then, inspired by those around her, she created The Littlest Peanut–a simple way for caregivers to record milestones and special moments that are specific to NICU babies. She created this journal with the understanding that not all babies will make that journey home though. The Littlest Peanut is meant to be a keepsake for all parents who would like to have a memory book of their child during this life-changing experience.
You can purchase a copy from Amazon
. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the NICU at Virtua Hospital in New Jersey. Be sure to follow their Facebook
Win a copy of The Littlest Peanut
Choose one or more ways to enter:
1. Sign up for email notifications at ChildLifeMommy.com and leave a comment on this post.
2. Facebook: Follow Child Life Mommy, leave a comment and tag a friend on the post.
3. Facebook: Follow The Littlest Peanut and leave a comment about the giveaway.
4. Twitter: Follow, Like and RT the post to @ChildLifeMommy
5. Instagram: Follow @ChildLifeMommy, Like and Tag a friend in the post.
Good Luck, winner will be chosen 1/7/16
Child Life Specialists in the NICU
Helping The Tiniest Patients Cope: Preemie Pacifier