Child Life Services for your family
Families facing trauma, loss, illness and complicated life situations can benefit tremendously from the support of a Certified Child Life Specialist. As a CCLS, I provide psychosocial and emotional support through therapeutic interventions of play, education, preparation for medical procedures and events, and creative arts activities. Through an initial consultation, I create a treatment plan that will work for individuals and the whole family to best support them in the comfort of their own home.
Who I help:
Children, Adolescents and Parents
- Children living with an acute or chronic illness
- Children with special needs
- Children with a parent/caregiver that has a health condition
- Children coping with the loss of a loved one
Services include but are not limited to:
- Therapeutic Play
- Parent Coaching
- Sibling Support
- Medical Education and Preparation
- Legacy Building for End of Life
- School Re-entry following an illness
- Separation of Caregiver (Relocation, Divorce)
How to get started
I provide services to children and families living in the Sacramento area and the surrounding communities, as well as phone consultations for clients outside of the area.
The services are broken down into three components
1. Consultation with the caregivers (phone or face to face)
2. Observation of the child in their home environment
3. Direct Interventions (60 minutes, with the last 15 minutes debriefing with parents)
The first twenty minutes of the consultation is free and then will be prorated at the hourly rate. At this time I don’t accept insurance, but I am always willing to slide my scale to work with your family’s financial needs.
Please feel free to contact me at ChildLifeMommy@gmail.com for further information.